No purchase necessary. Must be legal drinking age.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Hisense Canada Co. Ltd. and Black Fly Beverage Company Inc. “Who’s Essential to You?” Contest is open only to legal residents of the nine provinces (excluding Quebec) and three territories of Canada, who are at least 19 years of age at the time of entry. You must be legal drinking age in your province of residence to nominate and be nominated. Void where prohibited. Employees of Hisense Canada Co. Ltd. and Black Fly Beverage Company Inc., family members and other subsidiaries are not eligible to enter the contest. In the event that you are selected as a potential winner, you will be required to share photo identification for proof of age and address.
2. Sponsor and Administrator: The Hisense Canada Co. Ltd. and Black Fly Beverage Company Inc. “Who’s Essential to You?” Contest (the "Contest") is co-sponsored and co-administered by Hisense Canada Limited (“Co-Sponsor 1"), 2283 Argentia Rd. Unit 16, Mississauga, ON L5N 5Z2 and , Black Fly Beverage Company Inc. (“Co-Sponsor 2”), 535 Sovereign Road, London, Ontario N5V 5H4.
3. Timing: The contest begins on Wednesday July 8th at 11:00 am EST and ends on Tuesday, July 21st at 11:59 pm EST.
4. How to Enter: During the contest period, individuals must comment on the official contest “pinned” post on Hisense Canada’s Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/HisenseCA) and/or on Black Fly Beverage Company’s Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/BlackFlyBooze/) and nominate someone who is essential to them and tell us why they deserve to be treated with a Black Fly prize pack. Entrants must have liked both brand’s Facebook pages to ensure they can be contacted in the event that they have won. Entrants can enter on either or both Co-Sponsor’s Facebook pages. Entrants can share the contest post from either co-sponsor’s page to their Facebook wall for a bonus entry. Sharing is optional. Entrants can get up to three (3) entries in the contest for the duration of the contest period.
5. Contest Winner: Two (2) grand prize winners will be chosen at the end of the contest at random. Both winners will receive one (1) Hisense RS44 4.4 cu.ft. bar fridge (valued at approximately $169.99 CAD) and a Black Fly Beverage Company Grand Prize Pack (valued at $250.00 CAD). Each grand-prize winners’ ‘nominee’ will receive a Black Fly Beverage Company Prize Pack (valued at $100.00 CAD). Nominee may also need to provide government issued ID verifying legal drinking age in their province of residence. Note: The nominated winners do not receive a Hisense bar fridge. If you’d like to have the bar fridge delivered to the nominee instead of yourself, let us know when you are contacted as a potential winner. The prizes are as is and cannot be exchanged. If selected potential winner is under the legal drinking age in their province or territory of residence in Canada, they will be automatically disqualified, and another winner will be drawn. Winners will have to answer a skill-testing question to claim their prize (Example: 1+9-2=8). Set-up of the unit will be the recipient’s responsibility. Instructions will be provided. Administrators will ship the Winner their prize at the Winner’s requested addresses, which must match the identification of the entrant within sixty (60) days following the announcement that they have won, pending extenuating circumstances. Entrant is responsible for providing the nominees prize pack to them, or providing co-sponsors with a copy of valid, government ID and a valid Canadian address for a direct delivery. Residents of Quebec are not eligible to enter this contest. Winner agrees to supply a valid Canadian address (no PO boxes) and a phone number for delivery. Winner agrees that if they are having the prize pack sent to an address that is not their own place of residence that they must provide Co-Sponsors with an image or scan of the recipients’ photo ID to verify age and Canadian address. All prizes can be delivered to one address for the grand prize winner to gift to their nominee directly. The prizes will be shipped separately. The delivery will require a valid and authorized signature to claim the prize. The signature will be considered a successful delivery to the required recipient. Hisense Canada and Black Fly Beverage Company take no responsibility for incorrect delivery outside of its control. The prize winner agrees not to share prize pack with anyone under the legal drinking age in his or her respective province. Once the prizes are delivered to a verified legal winner over the legal drinking age in his or her own province, Hisense Canada Co. Ltd. And Black Fly Beverage Company are not liable for what the prize pack recipient does with his or her own prizes.
6. Verification of Potential Winner: The potential Contest winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Winners must successfully respond to the electronic mail or social media message and any subsequent correspondence notifying him or her that he or she is a winner within 48 hours. The potential prize winners must sign and return any required Affidavits of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Prize Acceptance forms and any other requested forms or copies of valid government identification as soon as possible. Upon successful completion, the prizes will then be awarded. Failure to “claim” the prize in the allocated time will result in the prize being forfeited and another winner being drawn.
7. Prize(s): The grade prize contest winner(s) will receive the following prize(s) with average retailer value (ARV). 2 prizes will be awarded of each of the following: one (1) Hisense RS44 4.4 cu.ft. bar fridge (valued at approximately $169.99 CAD) and a Black Fly Beverage Company Prize Pack (valued at $250.0 CAD). Each first-place winners’ ‘nominee’ will receive a Black Fly Beverage Company Prize Pack (valued at $100.00 CAD). Note: The nominated winners do not receive a Hisense bar fridge, unless the grand prize winner chooses to deliver it to them instead. The prizes are as stated, and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable.
8. Entry Conditions and Release: By entering, each Entrant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Co-Sponsors and/or Administrator(s) which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules; (c) agree to comply with any and all applicable federal, provincial and local laws, rules and regulations; (d) agree to release and hold harmless Co-Sponsor Affiliates and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising and promotion agencies, prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s shareholders, officers, directors, employees, members, assigns and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant's Entry, creation of an Entry or submission of an Entry, participation in the Contest, acceptance or use or misuse of the prize (including any activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of Entry; and (e) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Sponsor Affiliates from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to an Entrant's participation in the Contest and/or Entrant's acceptance, use or misuse of prize. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Contest Winner also acknowledges and must provide permission for their address and phone number to be shared with a third party for the sole purpose of delivering the prizes. If winner does not provide consent to share this information, the prize pack and compact refrigerator can be picked up from the Hisense Canada Mississauga office at 2283 Argentia Rd. #16. Valid government identification will be required. Wearing of a face mask will be required on the premise. No other exceptions shall be made.
9. Use of Data: Sponsor will be collecting personal data about the winning entrant including, without limitation, complete name, e-mail address, mailing address, postal code, and phone number when they are identified as a potential winner of the Contest. Co-Sponsors are entitled to use personal data contained in all Entries in accordance with Sponsors’ privacy policies. By participating in the Contest, Entrants hereby accept and agree to be bound by Sponsors’ Privacy Policies located at http://www.blackflybooze.com/privacy-policy/ and https://www.hisense-canada.com/en/privacy/, including but not limited to the provision of consent to the collection, use and disclosure of personal information as provided for therein. Please read and review Co-Sponsors’ Privacy Policies at the above links. Entrant may also have the option to opt in to receive marketing messages from Sponsors. Entrant may opt-out of receiving future communications as set forth in Sponsors’ Privacy Policies, or as provided within any such marketing materials (e.g., using the “Unsubscribe” feature provided in the footer of Sponsors’ emails) at any time.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Co-Sponsor Affiliates are not responsible for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrants, printing errors, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (b) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (c) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Entry or voting process or the Contest; (d) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of Entries; or (e) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant's participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an Entrant's Entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Entrant's sole remedy is another Entry in the Contest. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
11. Disputes: Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, other than those concerning the administration of the Contest or the determination of winner, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by the Courts of Ontario; (c) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event legal fees; and (d) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Province of Ontario and federal laws of Canada applicable therein, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Province of Ontario or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Province of Ontario.
12. All submissions can and may be shared to our website, other social media channels or with our retailers or customers via email blast or any other future marketing initiatives in relation to the Contest.
13. Contest Prizing Delays: Due to the rapid spread of COVID-19 in many Canadian communities, the awarding of your prize may be delayed. Hisense Canada Co. Ltd. And Black Fly Beverage Company have done their part in implementing a work-from-home policy to product the safety and well-being of all staff. Some retailer partners, service technicians, logistics and warehousing staff are also under work-from-home and/or limited hours protocols now, resulting in some shipping and processing delays. Thank you for your patience and understanding.