No purchase necessary. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Hisense Canada 1969 Sing-along Contest is open to legal residents of nine provinces and three territories of Canada (excluding Quebec), who are above the age of majority in their respective province of residence in Canada at the time of entry. Void where prohibited. Employees of Hisense Canada Limited, family members and other Hisense subsidiaries are not eligible to enter the contest.
2. Sponsor and Administrator: The Hisense Canada 1969 Sing-along Contest (the "Contest") is sponsored and administered by Hisense Canada Limited (the "Sponsor"), 2283 Argentia Rd. Unit 16, Mississauga, ON L5N 5Z2.
3. Timing: The contest begins on Monday, December 2, at 12:01am. EST and ends on Friday, Friday, January 3, at 11:59pm. EST (the “Contest Period”)
4. How to Enter: During the contest period, individuals must post a video to the Hisense Canada Facebook page (www.facebook.com/HisenseCA) of them singing 20 seconds of a song (with or without background music. Note: if using background music, using the artist’s original copyright music will result in your entry being voided. You may use a karaoke track, play your own instrument or sing acoustically) that says or CLEARLY refers to the year “1969” or “nineteen sixty-nine”. Can’t think of a song? Make up your own. Please remember, we are a family-friendly business. You may also enter by sharing it on your own Facebook page and tagging @HisenseCA and using #Hisense50 in the video and post caption. Bonus entries can be collected by tagging @HisenseCA and using #Hisense50 in your Instagram story of you singing or showing us your Hisense product. The videos can be captured on a mobile device and they do not need to be edited. Editing or putting together an overproduced entry does not increase your chances of winning. If you choose to feature children in your submission, please be aware they will be posted on a public Facebook forum. * if you do not have Facebook, you may record a video and email it to canadainfo@Hisense.com for entry. *
5. Contest Winner: One (1) winner will be chosen at the end of the contest at random. That winner will receive one (1) 88” 4K Smart Laser TV + Screen plus the cost of shipping directly to their home. Winners will have to answer a skill-testing question to claim their prize (Example: 1+9-2=8). Set-up of the unit will be the recipient’s responsibility. Instructions will be provided. Administrators will ship the Winner their prize at the Winner’s requested addresses within sixty (60) days following the announcement that they have won. Residents of Quebec are not eligible to enter this contest. Winner agrees to supply a valid Canadian address (no PO boxes) and a phone number for delivery. Administrators will notify the winner when it is out for delivery. The delivery will require a valid and authorized signature to claim the prize. The signature will be considered a successful delivery to the required recipient. Hisense takes no responsibility for incorrect delivery outside of its control.
6. Verification of Potential Winner: The potential Contest winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Winners must successfully respond to the electronic mail or social media message and any subsequent correspondence notifying him or her that he or she is a winner within 48 hours. The potential prize winners must sign and return any required Affidavits of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Prize Acceptance forms and any other requested forms. Upon successful completion, the prizes will then be awarded. Failure to “claim” the prize in the allocated time will result in the prize being forfeited and another winner being drawn.
7. Prize: The contest winner will receive the following prize with average retailer value (ARV): One (1) Hisense 88” 4K UHD Smart Laser TV with Screen (ARV - $5000.00).The prize is as stated, and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable.
8. Entry Conditions and Release: By entering, each Entrant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and/or Administrator which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules; (c) agree to comply with any and all applicable federal, provincial and local laws, rules and regulations; (d) agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor Affiliates and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising and promotion agencies, prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s shareholders, officers, directors, employees, members, assigns and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant's Entry, creation of an Entry or submission of an Entry, participation in the Contest, acceptance or use or misuse of the prize (including any activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of Entry; and (e) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Sponsor Affiliates from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to an Entrant's participation in the Contest and/or Entrant's acceptance, use or misuse of prize. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Contest Winner also acknowledges and must provide permission for their address and phone number to be shared with a third party for the sole purpose of delivering the prizes. If winner does not provide consent to share this information, prize can be picked up from our Mississauga office at 2283 Argentia Rd. #16. A truck is required to fit the screen. No other exceptions shall be made.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Sponsor Affiliates are not responsible for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrants, printing errors, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (b) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (c) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Entry or voting process or the Contest; (d) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of Entries; or (e) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant's participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an Entrant's Entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Entrant's sole remedy is another Entry in the Contest. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
11. Disputes: Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, other than those concerning the administration of the Contest or the determination of winner, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by the Courts of Ontario; (c) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event legal fees; and (d) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Province of Ontario and federal laws of Canada applicable therein, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Province of Ontario or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Province of Ontario.
12. If entrants do not have a valid Facebook page, they can send an .mp4 or .mov file to CanadaInfo@hisense.com. If you do not receive a confirmation of receipt, your entry is not valid. Please note, if you choose to submit in this way, your video may still be shared to Facebook by @HisenseCA.
13. Ownership of footage submitted as entries to this contest remain with the original creator, and the footage will not be used for purposes outside of the contest without written consent. However, in submitting a video, you acknowledge and authorize that your videos, or pieces of your videos, with or without audio, can and may be shared to our website, other social media channels or with our retailers or customers via email blast or any other future marketing initiatives in relation to the Contest.
Video Background track provided by: JaysonKrauseKaraoke https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59AiBeJCWEw Hotel California by The Eagles is a track released February 22, 1977 that was produced by Bill Szymczyk of Asylum. Recorded at: Criteria Studios, Miami, FL and Record Plant Studios, Los Angeles, CA
Licensed by: Supraphon (on behalf of SUPRAPHON a.s.); BMG Rights Management, Warner Chappell, Global Music Rights LLC, UMPI, UMPG Publishing, PEDL, PEN Music (Publishing), and 3 Music Rights Societies.
Hisense Canada Co. Ltd is in no way affiliated with The Eagles or their label.